Sunday, November 27, 2011

Threads of a Composition 27 November 2011

Today I started messing around with a music composition program called NoteFlight, which I know some other kids doing this project use. I decided to just make a 12-bar C major blues progression, which is both simple and I know how to do. I only have about four measures to begin with, but I like the sound of it so far. The only thing I don't like about the program is that it's not really meant for jazz composition. There's no "Style" option and cannot swing eighth notes, which I guess is okay for now, but I would really like for it to play back to me what I hear in my head. For the most part, it is going very well.
I am thinking for my presentation to the class that I will either (a) record myself playing my solo and post it on Youtube or (b) cobble together some of the jazz band members to play the chords as accompaniment live in class. I will probably do the latter, but I have some serious work to do if that's going to happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment